The Thorwald Condominium was developed in 1973 on the site of the Thorwald Hotel overlooking Good Harbor Beach.
The development comprised 42 two-bedroom units in five buildings. Fourteen of the units are of a single-level layout on the ground floor. The other 28 are two-story units with the living room, dining and kitchen and a half-bath on the first floor, and two bedrooms and full bath upstairs. All units have 996 sqft of living space.
The site plan and floor plan layout of each of the five buildings is available HERE
The Thorwald Hotel was built in 1899 joining the other grand hotels of the Gloucester shoreline, like the Moorland. In business for more than half a century, the hotel burned in 1965, was removed and ultimately replaced by the Thorwald Condominium.
Thorwald has a total of 59 designated parking spaces contained in its three parking lots. Forty-two of these are assigned to specific units, and seventeen are numbered spaces for use by authorized guests, as evidenced by the displayed GUEST placard on the dashboard.
The 19 Atlantic Road portion of the condominium is bounded on the west and south by land belonging to the Bass Rocks Country Club. The exact boundaries are difficult to visualize and there appear to be no boundary markers visible at this point. The images below give an idea of the boundaries at a large scale.
The color images on this page were captured from the Massachusetts GIS system, which can be seen on the Internet HERE.
The Plat Map is the Thorwald Condominium Site Plan as filed with the City of Gloucester
As you can see, the boundary is very close to the buildings; but exactly how close can only be determined by an actual survey.